Wednesday 30 January 1929
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Xavier Dor and Gloria Leggett.
Weary River, directed by Frank Lloyd, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 30 January 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 30 January 1929!
Which were the important events of 30 January 1929 ?
- Xavier Dor: French social activist, an impassioned pro-life advocate.
- Viscount Long
- Gloria Leggett: American astrologer.
- Lois Hole: Canadian politician author businesswoman academician and professional gardener (d. 2005).
- Hugh Tayfield: South African cricketer (d. 1994).
- Lucille Teasdale-Corti: Canadian physician and international aid worker (Born 1929).
- La Goulue: French entertainer, a cabaret singer and can-can dancer, born as Louise Weber was born into a Jewish family from Alsace, immortalized in a portrait painted by Henri Toulouse-Lautrec called "La Goulue.