Saturday 19 January 1929
It was Saturday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 19, 1929). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ulu Grosbard and Jean Douchet.
The Broadway Melody, directed by Harry Beaumont, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 19 January 1929
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 19 January 1929!
Which were the important events of 19 January 1929 ?
- Confederate Heroes Day in Texas.
- Eastern and Oriental Orthodoxy ? Julian Calendar Theophany (Epiphany).
- St. Mark of Ephesus feast day .
- Bah�'f Faith ? Feast of Sult�n (Sovereignty) ? First day of the 17th month of the Bah�'f Calendar.
- National Popcorn Day in United States of America, however some claim this is whatever day the Superbowl lands on.
- The unofficial National Popcorn Day
- Ulu Grosbard: Belgium -- Actor (Straight Time, Georgia, Falling in Love).
- Jean Douchet: French filmmaker, historian, critic, writer and film teacher.
- Liang Qichao: Chinese journalist philosopher and scholar (d. 1929).
- Acadia National Park in Maine is established.
- Clas Thunberg skates world record 500m in 42.8 seconds.