Thursday 31 January 1929
It was Thursday, under the sign of Aquarius. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Richard Cavazos and Franz Brouw.
The Broadway Melody, directed by Harry Beaumont, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
On TV people were watching British Movietone News (1929 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 31 January 1929!
Which were the important events of 31 January 1929 ?
- Blessed Ludovica
- Saint Geminianus
- Saint Marcella
- Saint Pedro Nolasco
- Catholicism - Feast day of St. John Bosco, patron saint of educators, circus artists and magicians.
- Richard Cavazos: American military figure, a Korean War recipient of the Distinguished Service Cross as a first lieutenant, who advanced in rank to become the United States Army's first Hispanic four-star general.
- Franz Brouw: Belgian-Canadian pianist, a professor at the University of Quebec in Canada.
- Lloyd Hand: American lawyer, airline director, u.s.
- Jean Simmons: British actress onscreen from 1944.
- Rudolf Mössbauer: German physicist and academic Nobel Prize laureate (d. 2011).
- Erich Maria Remarques publishes Im West nieces Neues in Berlin
- Leon Trotsky expelled from Russia to Turkey.
- The Soviet Union exiles Leon Trotsky.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 31 January 1929
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?