Friday 11 January 1929
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Nicoletta Orsomando and Rod Taylor.
The Sixth Sense, directed by Eusebio Fernndez Ardavn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
while All Quiet on the Western Front by Erich Maria Remarque was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching British Movietone News.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 January 1929!
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 11 January 1929 ?
- Morocco - The Independence manifesto day.
- Japan - Kagami-Biraki (Rice Cakes Festival).
- Feast of the Baptism of Jesus.
- Roman Empire - First day of Carmentalia in honor of Carmenta.
- Nepal - Unity Day.
- Albania - Republic Day (1946).
- Nicoletta Orsomando
- Rod Taylor: Sydney, NSW -- Actor (Bearcats, Time Machine).
- Wanda Wilkomirska: Warsaw, Poland -- Violinist.
- Dmitri Bruns: Estonian architect and theorist.
- Julio Antonio Mella: Cuban revolutionary, murdered at about age 28.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?