Thursday 3 January 1929
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Sergio Leone and Gertrud Kückelmann.
The Sixth Sense, directed by Eusebio Fernndez Ardavn, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1929
On TV people were watching British Movietone News.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
What the sky looked like on 3 January 1929
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 3 January 1929!
Which were the important events of 3 January 1929 ?
- The tenth night and ninth day of Christmas in Western Christianity
- The Festival of Sleep Day
- In astronomy the best date to view the Quadrantids meteor shower.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Pax
- Feast day of St Genevieve
- In astronomy the approximate date of Earth's perihelion.
- Sergio Leone: Italian film director for four decades.
- Marilyn Lloyd American politician (Representative-Democrat-Tennessee: 1975-).
- Gertrud Kückelmann: German stage and film actress who also dubbed the voices of well known international actresses.
- Gertrud Kuckelmann: Germany Actor.
- Ernst Mahle: German-Brazilian composer and conductor.
- 27 year old William S Paley becomes CBS President
- Bradman scores 112 vs. England at MCG - his 1st Test century