Tuesday 27 May 1930US date format: 5/27/1930, UK date format: 27/5/1930
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on May 27, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Barth and Simon Barrington-Ward.
Sunny Skies, directed by Norman Taurog, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 27 May 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 27 May 1930!
Which were the important events of 27 May 1930 ?
- Mother's Day in Bolivia (Dfa de la Madre)
- Bruno, Bishop of Wnrzburg
- Pope John I
- Saint Julius the Veteran
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Venerable Bede
- Lag Ba'omer in Judaism (2005)
- Children's Day in Nigeria
- John Barth: American novelist best known for "Giles Goat-Boy" and "The Sot-Weed Factor.
- William S Sessions: Arkansas, United States -- Director of FBI.
- Simon Barrington-Ward: English bishop.
- William Sessions: American civil servant and judge 8th Director of the Federal Bureau of Investigation.
- Eino Tamberg: Estonian composer and educator (d. 2010).
- Richard Drew invents masking tape.
- The Chrysler Building opens to the public in New York. At 1,046 feet tall, it is the tallest man-made structure in the world.
- Richard Drew invents the masking tape
- Sergei Eisenstein arrives in Hollywood to work for Paramount Pictures they part ways by October.
- William ampquotRedampquot Hill Sr. makes his famous five-hour journey down the Niagara lower rapids.