Wednesday 28 May 1930
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on May 28, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include John Barth and Edward Seaga.
Sunny Skies, directed by Norman Taurog, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 May 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 May 1930!
Which were the important events of 28 May 1930 ?
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Germain of Paris
- Republic Day in Azerbaijan and Armenia (both 1918).
- Bernard of Menthon
- Augustine of Canterbury
- William of Gellone
- John Barth: Novelist.
- Edward Seaga: American-Jamaican academic and politician 5th Prime Minister of Jamaica.
- Georges Forbes succeeds Joseph Ward as premier of New Zealand.
- The Chrysler Building in New York City officially opens.