Saturday 24 May 1930US date format: 5/24/1930, UK date format: 24/5/1930
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on May 24, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include George Edward Backus and Robert Bateman.
Sunny Skies, directed by Norman Taurog, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 24 May 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 24 May 1930!
Which were the important events of 24 May 1930 ?
- Aldersgate Day (Methodism).
- Canada: Victoria Day, on this date or the Monday before it. In Quebec, it is known as National Patriotes Day (JournTe nationale des patriotes). The holiday is often referred to as "May Two-Four," -- a "two-four" being slang for a case of beer with 24 bottles or cans.
- Bermuda: Bermuda Day.
- Eritrea: National Day.
- Macedonia: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Macedonian Script and Culture Day.
- Saints Donatianus and Rogatianus
- Saint Amadl
- Saint Suzanna
- Mary, Help of the Christians
- Saint Sarah is celebrated in Camargue, France by the Roma or Gypsies.
- Bulgaria: Saints Cyril and Methodius Day celebrated as Bulgarian Education and Culture, and Slavonic Script Day.
- George Edward Backus
- Ivor Richardson: Judge (New Zealand Court of Appeals).
- Robert Bateman: Canadian artist and ecologist.
- George Backus: American geophysicist, professor, and author of academic works.
- Claude Huriet: Nancy physician.
- Hans-Martin Linde: German flute player and author.
- 1st woman to fly from England to Australia solo, lands (Amy Johnson)
- Ruth homers in both games of a doubleheader, giving him 9 in one week
- Amy Johnson lands in Darwin, Northern Territory, becoming the first woman to fly solo from England to Australia (she left on May 5 for the 11,000 mile flight).