Friday 2 May 1930
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 2, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marco Pannella and Yoram Kaniuk.
Sunny Skies, directed by Norman Taurog, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 2 May 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 2 May 1930 ?
- Saint Zoe
- Saint Mafalda
- Saint Waldebert, Walbert or Gaubert
- Saint Germanus
- Saints Exuperius and Zoe
- Saint Boris
- Saint Athanasius
- Indonesia - Indonesia National Education Day
- Iran - Teacher's Day
- Slovenia - second day of Labour Day
- Madrid Region - Day of the Region.
- Bah�'f Faith: Last day of the Festival of Ridv�n
- Poland - Flag Day, an official holiday to honour the Flag of Poland
- saint tsar Boris
- Marco Pannella: Italian journalist and politician.
- André Briend: French pediatric nutritionist best known for his 1996 co-formulation of Plumpy'nut, a Ready-to-Use Therapeutic Food (RUTF), with Dr. Mark Manary.
- Yoram Kaniuk: Israeli writer, critic and publicist.
- Andre Briend: France sport Champion.
- Öztürk Serengil: Turkish actor and producer (d. 1999).
- Des Moines (Western League) defeats Wichita 13-6 in baseball to open first ballpark with permanently installed lights.