Friday 17 February 1956US date format: 2/17/1956, UK date format: 17/2/1956
It was Friday, under the sign of Aquarius (see birth chart on February 17, 1956). The US president was Dwight D. Eisenhower (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Eric Pecout and John Gabriel (basketball).
In that special week of February people in US were listening to The Great Pretender by The Platters.
In UK Sixteen Tons by Tennessee Ernie Ford was in the top 5 hits.
Jumping for Joy, directed by John Paddy Carstairs, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1956
while A Night To Remember by Walter Lord was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching Heidi.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 February 1956
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 February 1956!
Which were the important events of 17 February 1956 ?
- Saint Evermodus
- Saint Alexis Falconieri (d. 1310)
- Saint Seven Founders of the Servites
- Random Acts of Kindness Day.
- Ancient Latvia - Tanis Diena observed.
- Saint Silvinus
- Roman Empire - Quirinalia in honor of Quirinus.
- Eric Pecout
- John Gabriel (basketball)
- John Gabriel: American basketball General Manager,...
- Éric Pécout: French football/soccer striker, who...
- Richard Karn: American actor and game show host.
- Ice Dance Championship at Garmisch won by Pamela Weight/P Thomas of Great Britain.
- Ice Pairs Championship at Garmisch won by Schwarz and Oppelt of Austria.
- Ladies Figure Skating Championship in Garmisch won by Carol Heiss of the USA.
Birth chart on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of February 1956 ?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?