Wednesday 8 July 1908
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Nelson A Rockefeller and Nelson A Rockefeller American politician (Governor-Republican-New York).
Suzugamori, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 July 1908!
Which were the important events of 8 July 1908 ?
- Annual Soapy Smith wake, held each year in Skagway, Alaska in the Gold Rush Cemetery and in Hollywood, California at the Magic Castle
- Feast day of Saint Kilian
- Feast day of Saint Grimbald
- Nelson A Rockefeller: 41st Vice President of the United States (d. 1979).
- Nelson A Rockefeller American politician (Governor-Republican-New York): 41st Vice President (1974-77).
- Nelson Rockefeller: American politician and noted family, the son and heir of John D. Rockefeller Jr.
- Louis Jordan: American singer-songwriter saxophonist and actor (Tympany Five) (d. 1975).
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 July 1908
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of July 1908 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- When It's Moonlight on the Prairie - Haydn Quartet
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
What news were making the headlines those days in July 1908?
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?