Saturday 8 August 1908
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 8, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Arthur J Goldberg and Chivu Stoica.
The Blue Bird, directed by Walter Lang, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 August 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 August 1908!
Which were the important events of 8 August 1908 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Dominic de Guzman, priest, (1170-1221).
- Sweden - Namesday of Queen Silvia, an Official Flag Day.
- Taiwan: Father's Day. (In Mandarin, Ba Ba means father and 8-8, or August 8).
- St. Hormisdas
- St. Smaragdus (and companions)
- St. Largus
- St. Cyriacus
- Arthur J Goldberg: Illinois, United States -- UN ambassador / Supreme Court Justice (1962-65).
- Chivu Stoica: Premier of Romania (1955-61).
- Arthur Goldberg: American Associate Justice of the Supreme Court 1962 who resigned in 1965 to become Ambassador to the U.N.
- Alfredo Nunez de Borbon: Mexican musician and composer.
- Joseph [Maria] Olbrich: Architect (Wiener Sezession), dies at 40.
- Wilbur Wright makes his first flight at a racecourse at Le Mans, France. It is the Wright Brothers' first public flight.