Saturday 8 August 1908
It was Saturday, under the sign of Leo. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Arthur J Goldberg and Chivu Stoica.
Stung, directed by Benni Diez, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 August 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 August 1908!
Which were the important events of 8 August 1908 ?
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least ? saints: St. Dominic de Guzman, priest, (1170-1221).
- Sweden - Namesday of Queen Silvia, an Official Flag Day.
- Taiwan: Father's Day. (In Mandarin, Ba Ba means father and 8-8, or August 8).
- St. Hormisdas
- St. Smaragdus (and companions)
- St. Largus
- St. Cyriacus
- Arthur J Goldberg: Illinois, United States -- UN ambassador / Supreme Court Justice (1962-65).
- Chivu Stoica: Premier of Romania (1955-61).
- Arthur Goldberg: American Associate Justice of the Supreme Court 1962 who resigned in 1965 to become Ambassador to the U.N.
- Alfredo Nunez de Borbon: Mexican musician and composer.
- Joseph [Maria] Olbrich: Architect (Wiener Sezession), dies at 40.
- Wilbur Wright makes his first flight at a racecourse at Le Mans, France. It is the Wright Brothers' first public flight.