Wednesday 16 June 1915
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Joseph Kagan and Nerio Nesi.
The Dictator, directed by Oscar Eagle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1915
while K Mary by Roberts Rinehart was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 16 June 1915!
Which were the important events of 16 June 1915 ?
- South Africa - Youth Day.
- Roman Catholic Church - Feast of Saint John Regis, patron of medical social workers.
- Bloomsday, in honour of Leopold Bloom, the hero of James Joyce's Ulysses set on 16 June, 1904.
- 16 June Movement
- Joseph Kagan: Businessman.
- Nerio Nesi: Italian banker who was manager of the National Worker's Bank.
- Mariano Rumor: Italian politician, As a member of the Democrazia Cristiana, he served as Prime Minister of Italy from 1968 to 1970 and again from 1973 to 1974.
- Oreste Toscano: Italy Military man.
- John Tukey: American mathematician and academic (d. 2000).
- Foundation of the British Women's Institute.
- The British Women's Institute is founded.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1915 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Gems from Maid in America - Victor Light Opera Co.
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?