Tuesday 10 November 1942
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Michel Tabachnik and Jejomar Binay.
Gentleman Jim, directed by Raoul Walsh, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
while Drivin' Woman by Elizabeth Pickett was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 November 1942!
Which were the important events of 10 November 1942 ?
- Also see November 10 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- United States Marine Corps Birthday
- Russia - Day of Militsiya (analogue of police in Russia)
- Ancient Latvia - Martini
- R.C. Saints - Pope Leo I the Great
- Turkey - Day of Remembrance of Ataturk
- Michel Tabachnik: Switzerland -- Composer / conductor.
- Jejomar Binay: Filipino politician, the 15th and current Vice President of the Philippines, under President Benigno Aquino III.
- Patricia Mainardi: Paterson artists.
- Robert Engle: American economist and academic Nobel Prize laureate.
- James Hood: American activist (d. 2013).
- Hans-Rudolf Merz: Swiss lawyer and politician 92nd President of the Swiss Confederation
- US troops occupy airport of Port-Lyautey Morocco
- US-British troops occupies Oran Algeria
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1942 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- There Are Such Things - Tommy Dorsey & His Orchestra (Vocal Frank Sinatra & Pied Pipers)
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?