Tuesday 17 November 1942
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 17, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Martin Scorsese and Derek Clayton.
Cat People, directed by Jacques Tourneur, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 17 November 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 17 November 1942!
Which were the important events of 17 November 1942 ?
- Slovakia - Struggle for Freedom and Democracy Day commemorating the beginning of the Velvet Revolution in 1989.
- Life Day
- International Students Day
- R.C. Saints - Elisabeth of Hungary; Gregory of Tours; Hilda of Whitby; Hugh of Lincoln
- Also see November 17 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Martin Scorsese: American award-winning film director who is known for his attraction to the seamy side of life.
- Derek Clayton: British track and field star, the world's fastest marathoner 12/03/1967 when he stunned the athletic world by becoming the first to race the classic distance in two hours and 12 minutes, a title he held to 10/25/1981 when the record was beaten by a 23-year-old American, Alberto Salazar.
- Kang Kek lew
- Kang Kek Iew: Cambodian politician and criminal.
- Partha Dasgupta: Bangladeshi economist and academic.
- Bob Gaudio: American singer-songwriter keyboard player and producer (The Four Seasons).
- Donna McKechnie: Dancer.
- Lesley Rees: English endocrinologist and academic.
- István Rosztóczy: Hungarian-Japanese microbiologist and physician (d. 1993).
- Kang Iew: Cambodian criminal.
- Annemarie Oster: Dutch actress (Goede Tijden Slechte Tijden).
- Martin Scorsese in Queens: New York, USA; director (Mean Streets, Last Temptation of Christ).
- Ben Reitman: American anarchist, physician (Born 1879).