Friday 13 November 1942
It was Friday, under the sign of Scorpio (see planets position on November 13, 1942). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Janette Turner Hospital and Beth Brickell in Camden.
Casablanca, directed by Michael Curtiz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 November 1942
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 November 1942!
Which were the important events of 13 November 1942 ?
- Roman festivals - Iovis epulum; feast of Feronia
- R.C. Saints - Bricius of Tours; Mother Cabrini; Saint Homobonus
- Also see November 13 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Janette Turner Hospital: Novelist.
- Beth Brickell in Camden: Arkansas, USA; actress (Gentle Ben).
- Walter Forbes: American merchandise marketer investor and CEO in charge of CUC International, a company offering over 250,000 products and services.
- John Hammond: American singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Chaotic sea battle of Friday the 13th at Guadalcanal
- Minimum draft age in the USA lowered from 21 to 18.
- World War II: Naval Battle of Guadalcanal : U.S. and Japanese ships engage in an intense, close-quarters surface naval engagement during the Battle of Guadalcanal.