Wednesday 25 November 1942
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Sagittarius. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Rosa Von Praunheim [Holger Mischwitzky] and Tracey Walter in Jersey City.
Keeper of the Flame, directed by George Cukor, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1942
while The Song of Bernadette by Franz Werfel was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 25 November 1942!
Which were the important events of 25 November 1942 ?
- R.C. Saints - Saint Catherine of Alexandria; Moses?
- Bosnia and Herzegovina: National Day (1943)
- Surinam - Independence Day (from the Netherlands, 1975)
- International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women
- Rosa Von Praunheim [Holger Mischwitzky]: Riga, Latvia -- Dir (Affengeil).
- Tracey Walter in Jersey City: New Jersey, USA; actor (Best of the West).
- Bob Lind: American singer-songwriter and guitarist.
- Mimis Papaioannou: Greek footballer and manager.
- National Organization for Aid to Underground, LO, forms
- 26 ampndash WWII: Operation Harling: A British SOE team, together with Greek Resistance fighters, blows up the Gorgopotamos viaduct in the first major sabotage act in occupied continental Europe.
Which were the top hits in that special week of November 1942 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- I Had The Craziest Dream - Harry James & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?