Friday 8 October 1920
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on October 8, 1920). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Frank Herbert and Maxie Herber.
Ginger Snaps, directed by firstlook, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 October 1920
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1920!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1920 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- Frank Herbert: American writer, a reporter and editor for a west coast newspaper and a prolific author of sci-fi, most notably the Dune series.
- Frank [Patrick] Herbert: United States -- Sci-fi author (Dune).
- Maxie Herber: Germany -- Figure skater pairs (1936 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Dorothy Dow: American classical soprano who had an active international career in concerts, operas, and recitals during the 1940s through the 1960s.
- Raymond Reynaud: French painter, sculptor and outsider artist whose work is similar to that of Jean Dubuffet.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1920 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Snoops, the Lawyer - Eddie Cantor
- Manyana - Prince's Orchestra
- After You Get What You Want, You Don't Want It - Van & Schenck