Friday 8 October 1920
It was Friday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Frank [Patrick] Herbert and Maxie Herber.
Die Tophar-Mumie, directed by Johannes Guter, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1920
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 October 1920!
Which were the important events of 8 October 1920 ?
- French Republican Calendar - Citrouille (Pumpkin) Day, seventeenth day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Also see October 8 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Bolivia - reportedly, Che Guevara is honoured on this day at which he was captured in La Higuera, as San Ernesto, answering prayers for rain.
- Wales and Cornwall - Saint Keyne
- RC Saints - Saint Susan of Blois
- Frank [Patrick] Herbert: United States -- Sci-fi author (Dune).
- Maxie Herber: Germany -- Figure skater pairs (1936 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Dorothy Dow: American classical soprano who had an active international career in concerts, operas, and recitals during the 1940s through the 1960s.
- Frank Herbert: American writer, a reporter and editor for a west coast newspaper and a prolific author of sci-fi, most notably the Dune series.
- Raymond Reynaud: French painter, sculptor and outsider artist whose work is similar to that of Jean Dubuffet.
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 8 October 1920
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of October 1920 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- The Love Nest - Art Hickman & His Orchestra
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?