Tuesday 9 January 1912
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was William Howard Taft (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Waldemar Fegelein and Ralph Tubbs.
Cinderella, directed by George Nichols, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1912
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 January 1912
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 January 1912!
Which were the important events of 9 January 1912 ?
- Balloon Ascension Day
- Philippines - Feast of the Black Nazarene in Quiapo district, Manila.
- 1788 - Ratification Day in Connecticut.
- 1822 - "I Will Stay" Day, when the Portuguese prince Pedro decided to stay in Brazil against the orders of the Portugal king Jopo VI, starting the Brazilian independence process.
- 1964 - Memorial day of Patriotic Panamanians for the Panama Canal (Martyrs' Day/Dia de los Martires).
- Eastern Orthodox - Feast of Saint Theophan the Recluse.
- Roman Catholic - Feast of Saint Adrian
- Stepfather's Day
- Waldemar Fegelein: German Nazi military, a Colonel in the Waffen SS.
- Ralph Tubbs: English architect designed the Dome of Discovery (d. 1996).
- US marines invade Honduras.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 1912 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Alexander's Ragtime Band - Victor Military Band
- Her Bright Smile Haunts Me Still - Walter Van Brunt & John Bieling