Sunday 9 June 1940US date format: 6/9/1940, UK date format: 9/6/1940
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini (see birth chart on June 9, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Dick Vitale and André Vallerand.
The Mortal Storm, directed by Frank Borzage, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 June 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 June 1940!
Which were the important events of 9 June 1940 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
- Dick Vitale: United States -- Sportscaster (ESPN, ABC...
- André Vallerand: Canadian businessman and politician.
- 44th US Golf Open: Lawson Little shoots a 287 at Canterbury Golf Club - Ohio
- Norway surrenders to Germany during WWII
- WWII: The British Commandos are created.
- WWII: Italy declares war on France and the United Kingdom.
- WWII: The French government flees to Tours.
- Marcus Mosiah Garvey died of a stroke on June 10, 1940