Saturday September 14, 1907
US date format: 9/14/1907, UK date format: 14/9/1907
It was Saturday, under the sign of Virgo (see birth chart on September 14, 1907). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican), the UK Prime Minister was Sir Henry Campbell-Bannerman (Liberal), Pope Pius X was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include René Alix and A Cecil.
Die Lustige Witwe, directed by , was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of September 14, 1907?
- Eastern Orthodox Church - Exaltation of the Cross, which commemorates the discovery of the (allegedly) original Christian cross in 326 by Helena, mother of Constantine, as well as the recovery from the Persians by Heraclius in 628.
- Formerly, in the Roman Catholic and Anglican churches, the Wednesday, Friday and Saturday following 14 September were observed as one of the four sets of Ember days. In the Irish calendar they were known as Quarter tense.
- Roman Catholic Church - Triumph of the Cross (compare May 3, Finding of the Holy Cross).
- In ancient Greece, the first day of the Eleusinian Mysteries, during which the sacred objects were brought from Eleusis to Athens.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 14, 1907?
Unlimited, ad-free streaming of over a million songs, 30 day Free Trial
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Billy Murray - Harrigan
- Vesta Victoria - Waiting at the Church (My Wife Won't Let Me)