Monday 23 September 1907US date format: 9/23/1907, UK date format: 23/9/1907
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra (see planets position on September 23, 1907). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pauline Réage and Jarmila Novotná.
Faust, directed by Hoku Uchiyama, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 23 September 1907
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 23 September 1907!
Which were the important events of 23 September 1907 ?
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Adomnan of Iona, Saint Constantius, Saint Thecla.
- French Republican Calendar - Safran (Saffron) Day, second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saudi Arabia - National Day (unification 1932)
- Japanese Autumnal equinox Day (????/Sh?bun no hi)
- Celebrate Bisexuality Day - September 23rd of every year is designated as Celebrate Bisexuality Day and celebrated by members of the bisexual community and their allies worldwide. Observed annually since 1999.
- Also see September 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In ancient Latvia, the second day of Mikeli
- Astrology: Usually the first day of sun sign Libra in the tropical zodiac.
- Traditional New Year's Day in Constantinople and Eastern Orthodox churches ? because of the birthday of August, not because of the equinox.
- Pauline Réage
- Jarmila Novotná
- Albert Ammons: American pianist (d. 1949).
- Anne Desclos: French journalist and author (d. 1998).
- Herbert Kappler: German SS officer (d. 1978).
- Jarmila Novotna: Soprano (Met Opera) / President of Czechoslovakia (1957-68).
- Duarte Nuno: Duke of Braganza, heir to the throne of Portugal (Born 1907).
- Nicola Moscona: Greek-American actor and singer (d. 1975).
- Dominique Aury: French erotic writer, the author of a noted erotica novel, ‘’Histoire d’O,’ published under the pseudonym "Pauline Réage" in June of 1954.
- Dominique Dubarle: Biviers Writer.
- Proclamation sets fineness and weight of silver and bronze coins of Canada
Planetary positions on this day
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1907 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Harrigan - Edward Meeker
- I'm Tying the Leaves So They Won't Come Down - Byron G. Harlan
- It's Great to be a Soldier Man - Billy Murray
- Won't You be My Honey? - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- In the Good Old Steamboat Days - Murry K. Hill