Monday 23 September 1907
It was Monday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Pauline Réage and Jarmila Novotná.
El grito de Dolores o La independencia de México, directed by Felipe de Jess Haro, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
while The Port of Missing Men by Meredith Nicholson was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Which were the important events of 23 September 1907 ?
- RC Saints - Feast day of Saint Adomnan of Iona, Saint Constantius, Saint Thecla.
- French Republican Calendar - Safran (Saffron) Day, second day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Saudi Arabia - National Day (unification 1932)
- Japanese Autumnal equinox Day (????/Sh?bun no hi)
- Celebrate Bisexuality Day - September 23rd of every year is designated as Celebrate Bisexuality Day and celebrated by members of the bisexual community and their allies worldwide. Observed annually since 1999.
- Also see September 23 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- In ancient Latvia, the second day of Mikeli
- Astrology: Usually the first day of sun sign Libra in the tropical zodiac.
- Traditional New Year's Day in Constantinople and Eastern Orthodox churches ? because of the birthday of August, not because of the equinox.
- Pauline Réage
- Jarmila Novotná
- Albert Ammons: American pianist (d. 1949).
- Dominique Dubarle: Biviers Writer.
- Anne Desclos: French journalist and author (d. 1998).
- Herbert Kappler: German SS officer (d. 1978).
- Nicola Moscona: Greek-American actor and singer (d. 1975).
- Duarte Nuno: Duke of Braganza, heir to the throne of Portugal (Born 1907).
- Jarmila Novotna: Soprano (Met Opera) / President of Czechoslovakia (1957-68).
- Dominique Aury: French erotic writer, the author of a noted erotica novel, ‘’Histoire d’O,’ published under the pseudonym "Pauline Réage" in June of 1954.
- Proclamation sets fineness and weight of silver and bronze coins of Canada
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1907 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- My Dear - Reinald Werrenrath
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?