Saturday 28 September 1907
It was Saturday, under the sign of Libra. The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Ida Turay and Glen "Turk" Edwards.
El grito de Dolores o La independencia de México, directed by Felipe de Jess Haro, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1907
while The Lady of the Decoration by Frances Little was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 September 1907!
Which were the important events of 28 September 1907 ?
- Feast day of the following RC Saints Leoba
- St. Wenceslas
- French Republican Calendar - Carotte (Carrot) Day, seventh day in the Month of VendTmiaire
- Taiwan - Teacher's Day (Confucius' birthday)
- Czech Republic - Czech Statehood Day
- Also see September 28 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Lorenzo Ruiz
- Glen "Turk" Edwards: NFL tackle (Boston / Washington Redskins).
- Ida Turay: Budapest, Hungary -- Actress (Deryne, Ida Regenye).
- John Prickett: Teacher / ecumenist.
- Bhagat Singh: Civil Rights Leader.
- Heikki Savolainen: Finland -- Pommel horse gymnist (1948 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Frederich I W L: Grand Duke of Baden (1856-1907), dies at 81.
Which were the top hits in that special week of September 1907 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- I'm Tying the Leaves So They Won't Come Down - Byron G. Harlan
- Harrigan - Edward Meeker
- It's Great to be a Soldier Man - Billy Murray
- Won't You be My Honey? - Ada Jones & Billy Murray
- In the Good Old Steamboat Days - Murry K. Hill
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?