Monday 10 January 2011
It was Monday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on January 10, 2011). The US president was Barack Obama (Democratic).
In that special week of January people in US were listening to Firework by Katy Perry.
Tyrannosaur, directed by Paddy Considine, was one of the most viewed movies released in 2011
while Decision Points by George W. Bush was one of the best selling books.
On TV people were watching The Green Hornet.
If you liked videogames you were probably playing Beatmania IIDX 19: Lincle or Bunch of Heroes.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 10 January 2011
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 January 2011!
Which were the important events of 10 January 2011 ?
- Margaret Thatcher day in the Falkland Islands
Famous Birthdays:See famous people born on 10 January
- Margaret Whiting: American singer (Born 1924).
- Lionel Messi of Argentina wins the FIFA Ballon d'Or as world football player for the second successive year. (CNN)
- Aftermath of the 2011 Tucson shooting:
- A judge denies bail to gunman Jared Loughner, who is accused of killing six and injuring 14 including a federal judge and U.S. Congresswoman. (CBC)
- Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords is able to respond correctly to simple commands. (AP)
- Three people are killed in a clash between Sudanese army and the Sudan Liberation Movement rebel group, in north Darfur, according to the United Nations-led peacekeeping mission. (Bloomberg)
- A suicide bomber kills two policemen and a civilian, the second attack in four days for which the Taliban claims responsibility, while separately, three policemen are killed in a 'friendly fire' incident as US Vice President Joe Biden arrives for a visit in Afghanistan. (''The New York Times'')
- Palestinians fire three rockets from Gaza, landing in Israel's Ashkelon region, shortly after IDF soldiers kill a 65 year old farmer for unknown reasons, and bomb two sites in the Gaza Strip. (''The Jerusalem Post'')
- ETA declares a permanent and general ceasefire which will be verifiable by the international community. (BBC)
- Tens of thousands of people rally in Karachi, Pakistan to demand the release of Mumtaz Qadri, charged with killing Salman Taseer, the provincial governor of Punjab who had campaigned to amend the country's blasphemy laws. (''The Australian'')
- Turkey is considering demolishing a giant sculpture, meant to symbolize friendship between Turkey and Armenia, near the city of Kars. (''The Washington Post'')
- Trading on the Dhaka Stock Exchange in Bangladesh is halted after it fell by 9.25% in an hour investors stage protests and clash with riot police. (''Financial Express Bangladesh'')
- Brazilian Finance Minister Guido Mantega moves to secure the Brazilian real amid concerns expressed in the ''Financial Times'' of currency manipulation by the United States, China and others. (BBC)
- U.S. chemical company DuPont buys out Danish food ingredient and enzyme company Danisco for $5.8billion. (Reuters)
- At least eight people die and scores are missing as heavy floods continue in Queensland, Australia. (''Sydney Morning Herald'')
- Pope Benedict XVI urges Pakistan to repeal its blasphemy law, which carry the death penalty for insulting the Prophet Muhammad. (BBC)
- EU envoys in the Middle East are urging Brussels to treat East Jerusalem as the future capital of a Palestinian state. (Reuters)
- Venezuelan President Hugo Chávez responds to criticism from Organization of American States Secretary General José Miguel Insulza by saying the OAS is interfering in the country's internal affairs and referring to Insulza as a ampquotspokesman of the empireampquot during a radio address. (BBC)
- Iranian human-rights lawyer Nasrin Sotoudeh is sentenced to 11 years in prison and banned from practicing law or traveling for 20 years France condemns the punishment as ampquotdeeply shockingampquot and called for the release of Sotoudeh and another activist, Shiva Nazar-Ahari, who was sentenced to four years in prison and 74 lashes. (Reuters)
- Interpol places 47 Saudis on its most-wanted list after Saudi Arabia accuses them of involvement in the Al-Qaeda terror network. (''The Jerusalem Post'')
- 36 people killed including possibly 20 police as Southern Sudan votes on referendum on independence. (MSNBC)
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of January 2011 ?
Top #10 songs in the USA
Top #10 R&B songs
- Can't Be Friends - Trey Songz
- Aston Martin Music - Rick Ross Featuring Drake & Chrisette Michele
- What's My Name? - Rihanna Featuring Drake
- No Hands - Waka Flocka Flame Featuring Roscoe Dash & Wale
- Right Thru Me - Nicki Minaj
- Make A Movie - Twista Featuring Chris Brown
- Lay It Down - Lloyd
- Deuces - Chris Brown Featuring Tyga & Kevin McCall
- Wiz Khalifa - Black And Yellow
- No BS - Chris Brown
Top #10 Latin songs
- Danza Kuduro - Don Omar & Lucenzo
- Loca - Shakira Featuring El Cata
- Ni Lo Intentes - Julion Alvarez y Su Norteno Banda
- Corazon Sin Cara - Prince Royce
- Bon, Bon - Pitbull
- Arrastrando Las Patas - Larry Hernandez
- Nina De Mi Corazon - La Arrolladora Banda el Limon de Rene Camacho
- Me Encantaria - Fidel Rueda
- Sergio Vega - Millonario de Amor
- Robarte Un Beso - Intocable
Top #10 Rock songs
- The Black Keys - Tighten Up
- Linkin Park - Waiting For The End
- World So Cold - Three Days Grace
- Stone Sour - Say You'll Haunt Me
- Neon Trees - Animal
- Cage The Elephant - Shake Me Down
- Kings Of Leon - Radioactive
- Mumford & Sons - Little Lion Man
- Muse - Undisclosed Desires
- Porn Star Dancing - My Darkest Days Featuring Zakk Wylde
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?
Stock Markets and Exchange Rates
- Gilead Sciences GILD: opens at $37.28
- Union Pacific UNP: opens at $95.82
- United Technologies UTX: opens at $78.27
- HP Inc. HPQ: opens at $44.86
- 1 CHF = 6.8582 CNY
- 1 CAD = 6.6827 CNY
- 1 CAD = 0.9735 CHF
- 1 AUD = 6.608 CNY
Which movies you probably rented those days on VHS/DVD to spend a great night?