Sunday 10 June 1928
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 10, 1928). The US president was Calvin Coolidge (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Maurice Sendak and Maurice Sendak in New York City.
The Tenderfoot, directed by Ray Enright, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1928
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 10 June 1928
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 June 1928!
Which were the important events of 10 June 1928 ?
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Augsburg]
- Saint Olivia
- Saint Bardo
- Saint Landoald, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Landericus, bishop of Paris, confessor [BLS; GTZ: Paris; PCP (Paris)]
- Jodocus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: LiFge]
- Blessed Henry of Treviso, confessor
- Blessed Getulius, Amancius and Cerealus, martyrs [GTZ: Trier]
- Saint Fortunatus, bishop of Trier, confessor
- Blessed priest Ward Poppe
- Saint Censurius, bishop of Auxerre
- Saint Aster (died 362)
- Saint Maurinus, abbot, martyr [GTZ: Cologne]
- Saint Anianus, bishop of Chartres
- Saint Amantius, martyr [GTZ: Metz]
- Portugal Day ? National day of Portugal, Cam)es and the Portuguese Communities
- Blessed Margaret, queen of Scotland [PRI: England]
- Roman Empire ? fourth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Saint Evremundus, abbot [GTZ: Senlis]
- Maurice Sendak: American author and illustrator (d. 2012).
- Asher Wallfish: Journalist.
- Maurice Sendak in New York City: New York, USA; author/illustrator ("Where The Wild Things Are").
- Carl Halen: American jazz musician, a cornet and trumpet player.
- Pierrette Lambert: Orches Painters.