Friday May 10, 1940
US date format: 5/10/1940, UK date format: 10/5/1940
It was Friday, under the sign of Taurus (see birth chart on May 10, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat), the UK Prime Minister was Winston Churchill (Conservative), Pope Pius XII was leading the Catholic Church.
Famous people born on this day include Wayne Dyer and Wayne Dyer.
Waterloo Bridge, directed by Mervyn LeRoy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching NBC News (1940 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the important events of May 10, 1940?
- Saint Gordianus
- Saint Isidore the Laborer
- Saint John of Avila
- Saint Job
- See more
- Dutch torpedo boat Johan van Galen sinks
- French troops arrive in Zealand / Brabant Netherlands
- Nazi armies attack Netherlands, Belgium and Luxembourg
- Winston Churchill succeeds Neville Chamberlain as British Prime Minister
- See more
- Euphemia "Phemia" Molkenboer: Dutch author/poster artist, dies at age...
Make this day unforgettable
Which were the most popular TV Series released in those months?
Watch popular movies, TV series and live events, start your 30-day free trial