Monday 20 May 1940
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 20, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Claude Dagens and Shorty Long.
Lightning Strikes West, directed by Harry L. Fraser, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 20 May 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 20 May 1940!
Which were the important events of 20 May 1940 ?
- Saint Austregisilus
- Saint Lucifer
- Saint Theodore of Pavia
- Saint Bernardine of Siena
- East Timor National Day.
- Cameroon National Day.
- Saint Ivo of Chartres
- Claude Dagens: French prelate of the Roman Catholic Church, serving as bishop of Angoulême.
- Sadaharu Oh Japanese baseball player (Yomiuri Giants: hit 868 career homeruns).
- Shorty Long: Soul singer / pianist (Here Comes the Judge), dies at 29.
- Stan Mikita: Slovak-Canadian ice hockey player and sportscaster.
- Sadaharu Oh: Japanese-Taiwanese baseball player and manager.
- Michel Vastel: Canadian journalist and author (d. 2008).
- Joris [Georges] van Severen: Flemish fascist/Member of parliament, dies.
- Gen Guderians tanks reach The Channel (British expeditionary army)
- Trailing 7-1 in the 9th to Pittsburgh Pirates, Philadelphia Athletics wins 8-7.
- Soccer team HZVV forms in Hoogeveen, Netherlands.
- Igor Sikorsky unveils his helicopter invention.
- Holocaust: The first prisoners arrive at a new concentration camp at Auschwitz.