Sunday 26 May 1940
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Monique Gagnon-Tremblay and Levon Helm.
Our Town, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
while How Green Was My Valley by Richard Llewellyn was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 May 1940!
Which were the important events of 26 May 1940 ?
- Saint Germain of Paris
- Blessed Pieter of Ter Duinen
- Saint William of Aquitaine
- Saint Simitrius
- Saint Philip Neri (died 1595)
- Saint Lambert (d.1154)
- Saint Berenger (died 1093)
- Georgia - National Day
- Poland - Mother's Day
- Australia - National Sorry Day
- Monique Gagnon-Tremblay: Canadian politician, the acting leader of the Liberal Opposition in the Quebec legislative assembly, posted on 5/11/1988, serving while Charest was without his seat in the house.
- Levon Helm: American singer-songwriter drummer producer and actor (The Band) (d. 2012).
- Operation Dynamo begins evacuating defeated Allied troops from Dunkirk
- World War II: Battle of Dunkirk : In France, Allied forces begin a massive evacuation from Dunkirk, France.
Make this date unforgettable
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?