Tuesday 28 May 1940US date format: 5/28/1940, UK date format: 28/5/1940
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini (see birth chart on May 28, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Betty Shabazz and Tom Petri.
The Ghost Breakers, directed by George Marshall, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 May 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 May 1940!
Which were the important events of 28 May 1940 ?
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Germain of Paris
- Republic Day in Azerbaijan and Armenia (both 1918).
- Bernard of Menthon
- Augustine of Canterbury
- William of Gellone
- Tom Petri: Politician.
- Betty Shabazz: Educator / talk show hostess / widow...
- Hans Dulfer: Tenor saxophonist / director (Paradiso).
- Thomas E Petri American politician (Representative-Republican-Wisconsin: 1979-).
- Maeve Binchy: Irish author and playwright (d. 2012).
- David Brewer: English politician Lord-Lieutenant of...
- Shlomo Riskin: American rabbi and academic founded the...
- Belgium surrenders to Germany, King Leopold III gives himself up
- World War II: Norwegian, French, Polish and British forces recapture Narvik in Norway. This is the first allied infantry victory of the War.