Wednesday 22 May 1940
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on May 22, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include René Cleitman and Michael Sarrazin.
Lightning Strikes West, directed by Harry L. Fraser, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 22 May 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 22 May 1940!
Which were the important events of 22 May 1940 ?
- Saint Humilita
- Saint Rita of Cascia
- Victoria Day in Canada
- World Biodiversity Day.
- Republic of Yemen - National Day.
- National Heroes Day in Sri Lanka.
- National Maritime Day in the United States.()
- Saint Atto
- Saint Emile
- Saint Fulk
- Saint Lupus
- Saint Romanus
- Saint Julia
- Saint Renata of Bavaria
- René Cleitman
- Michael Sarrazin: Canadian actor (d. 2011).
- Bernard Shaw (journalist)
- Kieth Merrill: American filmmaker.
- Bernard Shaw: American television journalist.
- Dutch Premier De Geer begins working with Germans.
- WWII: The British Parliament passes a further Emergency Powers (Defence) Act, giving the government full control over all persons and property.