Monday 10 June 1940
It was Monday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 10, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include John William Stevens and Augie Auer.
The Mortal Storm, directed by Frank Borzage, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 10 June 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 June 1940!
Which were the important events of 10 June 1940 ?
- Saint Onuphrius, hermit, confessor [GTZ: Augsburg]
- Saint Olivia
- Saint Bardo
- Saint Landoald, bishop [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Landericus, bishop of Paris, confessor [BLS; GTZ: Paris; PCP (Paris)]
- Jodocus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: LiFge]
- Blessed Henry of Treviso, confessor
- Blessed Getulius, Amancius and Cerealus, martyrs [GTZ: Trier]
- Saint Fortunatus, bishop of Trier, confessor
- Blessed priest Ward Poppe
- Saint Censurius, bishop of Auxerre
- Saint Aster (died 362)
- Saint Maurinus, abbot, martyr [GTZ: Cologne]
- Saint Anianus, bishop of Chartres
- Saint Amantius, martyr [GTZ: Metz]
- Portugal Day ? National day of Portugal, Cam)es and the Portuguese Communities
- Blessed Margaret, queen of Scotland [PRI: England]
- Roman Empire ? fourth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Saint Evremundus, abbot [GTZ: Senlis]
- John William Stevens: Jazz drummer.
- Augie Auer: U.
- John Stevens: English drummer (Spontaneous Music Ensemble) (d. 1994).
- Marcus Garvey: American civil rights activist (Born 1887).
- French government moves to Bordeaux
- German Dutch Q-ship Atlantis sinks Norwegian tanker
- German 5th Armour division occupies Rouen
- Italy declares war on France and Britain during WWII
- Norway surrenders to Nazis
- World War II: U.S. President Franklin D. Roosevelt denounces Italy's actions with his ''Stab in the Back'' speech at the graduation ceremonies of the University of Virginia.