Monday 13 May 1940US date format: 5/13/1940, UK date format: 13/5/1940
It was Monday, under the sign of Taurus (see birth chart on May 13, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Françoise Oriane and Bruce Chatwin.
Our Town, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching NBC News (1940 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 May 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 May 1940!
Which were the important events of 13 May 1940 ?
- Saint Maria Dominica Mazzarello (died 1881)
- Saint John the Silent
- Saint Gerald of Villamagna
- Saint Robert Bellarmine
- Saint Servatus
- Our Lady of Fatima
- Rotuma Day in Fiji.
- World Fair Trade Day (2006).
- Abbotsbury Garland Day, Dorset, England.
- Commemoration of Julian of Norwich (Anglican).
- Saint Rolanda
- Françoise Oriane
- Bruce Chatwin: British writer and traveler who won...
- Richard Brooks: singer (Impressions).
- Michel Boujut: French writer, film critic and...
- Enrique Escudero de Castro: Spanish politician.
- Kōkichi Tsuburaya: Japanese runner (d. 1968).
- British bomb factory at Breda
- Churchill says "I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears and sweat".
- German breakthrough at Grebbelinie.
- Dutch Queen Wilhelmina flees to England.
- Queen Wilhelmina of the Netherlands flees her country to Great Britain after the Nazi invasion. Princess Juliana takes her children to Canada for their safety.
- World War II: Germany's conquest of France begins as the German army crosses the Meuse. Winston Churchill makes his ''blood, toil, tears, and sweat'' speech to the House of Commons.