Wednesday 15 May 1940US date format: 5/15/1940, UK date format: 15/5/1940
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Taurus (see birth chart on May 15, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Ira Einhorn and Don Nelson.
Our Town, directed by Sam Wood, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching NBC News (1940 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 May 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 May 1940!
Which were the important events of 15 May 1940 ?
- Paraguay - Independence Day. Celebrations for the anniversary of the independence begin on Flag Day, 14 May.
- Nakba Day in Palestinian communities.
- Roman Empire - Mercuralia in honor of Mercury held.
- International day of climate changes.
- International conscientious objectors' day.
- Buddha's Birthday in Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau and South Korea (2005).
- United States - Peace Officers Memorial Day.
- International day of families.
- Teacher's Day in Mexico (Dfa del Maestro) and South Korea (??? ?).
- Saint Dymphna
- Saint Achillius
- Saint Gerebern
- Saint Isidore the Labourer
- Saint Jean-Baptiste de la Salle
- Saint Reticius
- Saint Denise
- Slovenia - Day of Slovenian armed forces.
- Ira Einhorn: American guru and '60s celebrity, once...
- Don Nelson: American basketball General Manager with...
- Lainie Kazan: American actress and singer.
- Beth Stone: LPGA golfer.
- Roger Ailes: American businessman.
- Mireille Darc: Toulon, France -- Actor (Week End,...
- Paul Rudd in Boston: Massachusetts, USA; actor (A Connecticut...
- 1st nylon stockings sold in US
- 1st successful helicopter flight in US: Vought-Sikorsky US-300
- German troops occupy Amsterdam, General Winkelman surrenders
- McDonald's opens its first restaurant, in San Bernardino, California.
- German armour division moves into Northern France.
- First successful helicopter flight in US: Vought-Sikorsky US-300.
- USS Sailfish (SS-192) recommissioned, originally the USS Squalus.