Saturday 11 May 1940
It was Saturday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 11, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Jean Miguères and Michael Fish (fashion designer).
Waterloo Bridge, directed by Mervyn LeRoy, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching NBC News (1940 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 May 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 May 1940!
Which were the important events of 11 May 1940 ?
- Saint Francis of Girolamo
- Saint Estella
- Holiday of the City of Miskolc (since 1992).
- Saint Odilo of Cluny
- Saint Majolus of Cluny
- Saint James Walworth
- Blessed John Rochester
- Saint Bertilla
- Saint Gengou Gangulphus
- Feast day of the following saints in the Roman Catholic Church: Saint Mamertus, first of the Ice Saints
- Roman Empire - Feast of the Lemures (See Larvae).
- Saint Gauthier of Esterp
- Jean Miguères
- Michael Fish (fashion designer)
- Kesavan Nair: Indian Vedic astrologer.
- Jean Migueres: French citizen who claimed that he had been kidnapped and used for experiments by extra-terrestrials aboard a flying saucer.
- Ronald Anthony Pellegrino: Composer.
- Herbert Müller: Swiss race car driver (d. 1981).
- Juan Downey: Chilean video artist (d. 1993).
- Michael Fish: British men's fashion designer and owner of a disco club.
- Chujiro Hayashi: Japanese Reiki Master (Born 1880).
- 66th Preakness: Fred A Smith aboard Bimelech wins in 1:58.6.
- New York World's Fair reopens.