Sunday 5 May 1940
It was Sunday, under the sign of Taurus (see planets position on May 5, 1940). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Lance Henriksen and Stephen J Kaltenbach.
I Was an Adventuress, directed by Gregory Ratoff, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1940
On TV people were watching NBC News (1940 TV Series).
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 5 May 1940
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Which were the important events of 5 May 1940 ?
- Martyrs Neophytos, Gaius and Gaianus
- Euthymios the Wonderworker
- Barlaam of Serpukhov
- Martin and Heraclius of Illyria
- Eulogios the Confessor
- New Martyr Ephraim of Nea Makri
- Albania: Martyrs' Day.
- Great Martyr Irene
- Roly Poly of Georgia.
- Saint Aventinus (d. 1189)
- Ethiopia: Liberation Day (1941).
- International Midwives Day.
- Adrian of Monzensk
- South Korea: Children's Day.
- Guyana: Indian Immigration Day (1838).
- Council of Europe: Europe Day.
- International No Pants Day.
- Hong Kong, Macau, South Korea and Taiwan (2006): Buddha's Birthday.
- Japan: Tango no Sekku (Boy's Day) or Kodomo no hi (Children's Day).
- Mexico and (informally) the United States: Cinco de Mayo (1862).
- Lance Henriksen: American actor and painter.
- Stephen J Kaltenbach
- Michael Lindsay-Hogg: American director and producer.
- Lasse Aberg: Swedish artist, actor and musician.
- Stephen Kaltenbach: Battle Creek artists.
- Lasse Åberg: Swedish actor singer and director.
- Norwegian Government in exile forms in London, England.
- World War II: Norwegian Campaign : Norwegian squads in Hegra Fortress and Vinjesvingen capitulate to the Nazis after all other Norwegian forces in southern Norway had laid down their arms.