Friday 11 July 1930US date format: 7/11/1930, UK date format: 11/7/1930
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer (see planets position on July 11, 1930). The US president was Herbert Hoover (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Harold Bloom and Giorgio Ghezzi.
Dixiana, directed by Luther Reed, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1930
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 11 July 1930
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 11 July 1930!
Which were the important events of 11 July 1930 ?
- Mongolia - Naadam Holiday
- Feast Day of Saint Benedict (founder of the Benedictine Order)
- United States: Free Slurpee at 7-Eleven (most locations do this - get a free 7.11oz Slurpee on 7-11).
- Bonfire night in Northern Ireland, precursor to The_Twelfth
- Feast Day of Saint Olga (first Russian Saint)
- United Nations - World Population Day
- Ireland - National Day of Commemoration held on nearest Sunday to this date (see Irish calendar).
- China - China National Maritime Day
- Flanders, region in Belgium (not a public holiday) - Flemish Day (1302 Battle of the Golden Spurs)
- Harold Bloom: American literary critic.
- Gregory C Bell: Terre Haute, Indiana -- Long jumper (1956 Olympics - Gold Medalist).
- Giorgio Ghezzi: Italian soccer player, nicknamed Kamikaze.
- André Geraud: Rodez Journalist.
- Trevor Storer: English businessman founded Pukka Pies (d. 2013).
- Bradman scores 309 in a day vs. England at Leeds, goes on to 334
- Australian cricketer Don Bradman scores a world record 309 runs in one day, on his way to the highest individual Test innings of 334, during a Test match against England.