Tuesday 12 December 1939
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 12, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Tom Hayden and Thomas McGuane.
Judge Hardy and Son, directed by George B. Seitz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 December 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 December 1939!
Which were the important events of 12 December 1939 ?
- Bah�'f Faith - Feast of Mas�'il (Questions) - First day of the 15th month of the Bah�'f Calendar
- R.C. Saints - optional memorial of Our Lady of Guadalupe
- Also see December 12 (Eastern Orthodox liturgics)
- Kenya - Jamhuri Day: Independence Day (from Britain, 1963)
Famous Birthdays:12 December
- Douglas Fairbanks: American actor known as a swashbuckling film hero in the '20s to '40s.
- Russ Indigirka capsizes in blizzard off Japanese coast; 750 die
- HMS Duchess (H64) sinks after a collision with HMS Barham off the coast of Scotland with the loss of 124 men
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1939 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Bluebirds in the Moonlight - Dick Jurgens & His Orchestra
- In an Old Dutch Garden (By an Old Dutch Mill) - Dick Jurgens & His Orchestra
- Erskine Hawkins & His Orchestra - Tuxedo Junction
- Faithful Forever - Glenn Miller & His Orchestra
- All the Things You Are - Tommy Dorsey & His Orchestra