Sunday 10 December 1939
It was Sunday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 10, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Charles Shoemate and Dick Bavetta.
An Adventure of Salvator Rosa, directed by Alessandro Blasetti, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 10 December 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 10 December 1939!
Which were the important events of 10 December 1939 ?
- Charles Shoemate: American merchandise marketer and CEO in charge of CPC International, a worldwide food brands line.
- Dick Bavetta: American basketball player and referee.
- Barry Cunliffe: English archaeologist and academic.
- Wilhelm Grosz: Composer, dies at 45.
- Green Bay Packers win NFL championship, beat the New York Giants 27-0
- KNVB celebrates 50th anniversary
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1939 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Indian Summer - Tommy Dorsey & His Orchestra
- Stop! It's Wonderful - Orrin Tucker & His Orchestra
- Careless - Dick Jurgens & His Orchestra
- The Little Red Fox - Kay Kyser & His Orchestra