Thursday 28 December 1939
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn. The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Yehoram Gaon and Karrer .
The Hunchback of Notre Dame, directed by William Dieterle, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
while Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular TV series released this week ?
Which were the most popular movies released in the last 30 days ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1939!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1939 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- Yehoram Gaon: Israeli singer, actor, director, producer, TV and radio host, and public figure.
- Karrer : Swiss astrologer, photographer and author.
- Michael Hinz: German actor (d. 2008).
- Philip Anschutz: American businessman founded Anschutz Entertainment Group.
- Gloria Manon: Actress (Poker Alice, Mad Room), dies of cancer at 69.
- Frank McLintock: Scottish footballer and manager
- Michelle Urry: American journalist and illustrator (d. 2006)
- The Consolidated B-24 Liberator bomber prototype first flies.
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1939 ?
Top #1 songs in the USA
- Chatter Box - Kay Kyser & His Orchestra
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?