Thursday 28 December 1939US date format: 12/28/1939, UK date format: 28/12/1939
It was Thursday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on December 28, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Yehoram Gaon and John Amos.
Remember the Night, directed by Mitchell Leisen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Vanity Fair.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 December 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 December 1939!
Which were the important events of 28 December 1939 ?
- The third day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- Calendar of Saints - Feast of the Holy Innocents, a.k.a. Childermas, commemorating the Massacre of the Innocents on order of king Herod the Great. In Spain and Latin American countries the festival is celebrated in a manner similar to April Fool's Day.
- John Amos: Actor.
- Yehoram Gaon: Israeli singer, actor, director,...
- Karrer : Swiss astrologer, photographer and...
- Michael Hinz: German actor (d. 2008).
- Philip Anschutz: American businessman founded Anschutz...
- Gloria Manon: Actress (Poker Alice, Mad Room), dies of...
- Frank McLintock: Scottish footballer and manager.
- Michelle Urry: American journalist and illustrator (d....
- The Consolidated B-24 Liberator bomber prototype first flies.