Friday 29 December 1939
It was Friday, under the sign of Capricorn (see planets position on December 29, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Maumoon Abdul and Doug Wheeler.
Remember the Night, directed by Mitchell Leisen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Vanity Fair.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 29 December 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 29 December 1939!
Which were the important events of 29 December 1939 ?
- The fourth day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- R.C. Saints - Thomas Becket (optional memorial)
- Maumoon Abdul: Gayoom; President of Maldives (1978-).
- Doug Wheeler: American visual and installation artist, a pioneer of the so-called “Light and Space” movement that flourished in Southern California in the 1960s and 1970s.
- First flight of the Consolidated B-24.