Friday 15 December 1939
It was Friday, under the sign of Sagittarius (see planets position on December 15, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Cindy Birdsong in Camden and Nicolaus A Huber.
Judge Hardy and Son, directed by George B. Seitz, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 15 December 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 15 December 1939!
Which were the important events of 15 December 1939 ?
- Nicolaus A Huber: Composer.
- Cindy Birdsong in Camden: New Jersey, USA; rock vocalist (Labelle - "Rainbow", Supremes).
- Kathleen Arc: American astrology buff relocated to Italy, nicknamed Kat.
- James Vincent: American mechanical engineer and CEO of Biogen, a biotech pioneering company with revenues from alpha-interferon for cancer treatment and gamma-interferon for arthritis.
- Cindy Birdsong: American singer-songwriter (The Supremes and Labelle).
- Gone with the Wind receives its premiere at Loew's Grand Theatre in Atlanta, Georgia, USA.
- 1st commercial manufacture of nylon yarn, Seaford, Delaware
- Snip departs for 1st flight to Paramaribo / Curacao
- First commercial manufacture of nylon yarn, Seaford, Deleware.
- World premiere of film Gone With the Wind in Atlanta, Georgia.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of December 1939 ?
Top #5 songs in the USA
- Bluebirds in the Moonlight - Dick Jurgens & His Orchestra
- In an Old Dutch Garden (By an Old Dutch Mill) - Dick Jurgens & His Orchestra
- Erskine Hawkins & His Orchestra - Tuxedo Junction
- Faithful Forever - Glenn Miller & His Orchestra
- All the Things You Are - Tommy Dorsey & His Orchestra