Tuesday 26 December 1939US date format: 12/26/1939, UK date format: 26/12/1939
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Capricorn (see birth chart on December 26, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democrat).
Famous people born on this day include Phil Spector and Lynn Martin.
Remember the Night, directed by Mitchell Leisen, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Vanity Fair.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 26 December 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Personalized book about You
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 26 December 1939!
Which were the important events of 26 December 1939 ?
- First day of Kwanzaa
- Australia - Proclamation Day (South Australian public holiday), for the foundation of the Australian state of South Australia on December 28, 1836 but commemorated on this day.
- Wrenboys celebrate Wren in Ireland
- Period of Ursids meteor shower ends about this day
- Indonesia, Thailand, Malaysia - Tsunami Awareness Day/Tsunami Memorial (or Remembrance) Day
- Mandala Pooja at Sabarimala in Kerala, India
- First day of Junkanoo street parade in the Bahamas (the second day is on the New Year's Day)
- Wren day in Ireland and the Isle of Man.
- Boxing Day in the Commonwealth of Nations.
- The first day of Christmas in Western Christianity.
- St. Stephen's Day, a public holiday in Catalonia, Croatia, Czech Republic, and the Republic of Ireland.
- R.C. Saints - Saint Stephen
- South Africa - Day of Goodwill, a public holiday
- Slovenia - Independence and Unity Day (1990)
- Phil Spector: American record producer and songwriter,...
- Lynn Martin: US Secretary of Labor (1991-93).
- [Harvey] Phil: Spector; record producer (Wall of...
- Fred Schepisi: Australian director and screenwriter.
- Earthquake in East Anatolia Turkey
- Mine strikes in Borinage, Brussels.
- Miners strike in Borinage, Belgium.