Wednesday 12 June 1918
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 12, 1918). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Samuel Z Arkoff and Samuel Arkoff.
The City Slicker, directed by Gilbert Pratt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 June 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 June 1918!
Which were the important events of 12 June 1918 ?
- Blessed Ternan, bishop, confessor [ GTZ: Scotland]
- Blessed John of Sahagun, hermit, confessor
- Roman Empire ? sixth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Philippines ? Araw ng Kalayaan (Independence Day) 1898
- Russian Federation ? Russia Day (Independence Day) 1990
- United Kingdom ? Trooping the Colour (Military celebration of the monarch's official birthday held in London on the second Saturday of June)
- Brazil ? Dia dos Namorados (Lover's Day; similar to St. Valentine's)
- World Day Against Child Labor
- Saints Basilides, Quirinus, Nabor and Nazarius (and Celsus), martyrs
- Saint Pharaildis, virgin [GTZ: Artois]
- Blessed Eskill, bishop, martyr [ GTZ: Scandinavia]
- Saint Ursinus, bishop of Bourges, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: Rouen]
- Saint Leo III died 816
- Saint Odulf of Oirschot died 865
- Blessed Guido (died 1250)
- Saints Nabor and Nazarius, martyrs [GTZ: St. Avold]
- Blessed Onuphrius, monk
- Saint Rufus, bishop, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Cunera [HCC]
- Samuel Z Arkoff: American film producer (Born 1918).
- Samuel Arkoff: American film producer (d. 2001).
- Christie Eliezer: Sri Lankan-Australian mathematician and academic (d. 2001).
- 1st airplane bombing raid by an American unit, France
- Grand Duke Michael of Russia is murdered, thereby becoming the first of the Romanovs to be murdered by the Bolsheviks.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- God be with Our Boys Tonight - John McCormack
- I'm Sorry I Made You Cry - Henry Burr
- Any Place the Old Gang Goes (I'll be There) - Arthur Fields & Peerless Quartet