Wednesday 12 June 1918
It was Wednesday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Samuel Z Arkoff and Samuel Arkoff.
The City Slicker, directed by Gilbert Pratt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 June 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 June 1918!
Which were the important events of 12 June 1918 ?
- Blessed Ternan, bishop, confessor [ GTZ: Scotland]
- Blessed John of Sahagun, hermit, confessor
- Roman Empire ? sixth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Philippines ? Araw ng Kalayaan (Independence Day) 1898
- Russian Federation ? Russia Day (Independence Day) 1990
- United Kingdom ? Trooping the Colour (Military celebration of the monarch's official birthday held in London on the second Saturday of June)
- Brazil ? Dia dos Namorados (Lover's Day; similar to St. Valentine's)
- World Day Against Child Labor
- Saints Basilides, Quirinus, Nabor and Nazarius (and Celsus), martyrs
- Saint Pharaildis, virgin [GTZ: Artois]
- Blessed Eskill, bishop, martyr [ GTZ: Scandinavia]
- Saint Ursinus, bishop of Bourges, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: Rouen]
- Saint Leo III died 816
- Saint Odulf of Oirschot died 865
- Blessed Guido (died 1250)
- Saints Nabor and Nazarius, martyrs [GTZ: St. Avold]
- Blessed Onuphrius, monk
- Saint Rufus, bishop, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Cunera [HCC]
- Samuel Z Arkoff: American film producer (Born 1918).
- Samuel Arkoff: American film producer (d. 2001).
- Christie Eliezer: Sri Lankan-Australian mathematician and academic (d. 2001).
- 1st airplane bombing raid by an American unit, France
- Grand Duke Michael of Russia is murdered, thereby becoming the first of the Romanovs to be murdered by the Bolsheviks.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- God be with Our Boys Tonight - John McCormack
- I'm Sorry I Made You Cry - Henry Burr
- Any Place the Old Gang Goes (I'll be There) - Arthur Fields & Peerless Quartet