Saturday 8 June 1918
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 8, 1918). The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Robert Preston and John D Roberts.
The City Slicker, directed by Gilbert Pratt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 8 June 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 8 June 1918!
Which were the important events of 8 June 1918 ?
- Saint Sabinianus, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Puy]
- World Ocean Day.
- Saint Audomar, bishop of ThTrouanne, confessor (Translation day)
- Saint Elphege, bishop, martyr (Translation day)
- Saint Marius, hermit [GTZ: Clermont]
- Trojecia, virgin (at Rodez)
- Roman Empire - second day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta.
- Blessed Chlodulph, bishop of Metz
- Blessed Gildard, bishop of Rouen, confessor
- Blessed Maximinus, bishop of Aix en Provence
- Blessed William, bishop of York, confessor
- Blessed Syra of Ireland, virgin
- Syria, virgin (at Troyes)
- saint Medard, bishop of Noyon, confessor [common]
- Robert Preston: American actor who never fit into type casting.
- John D Roberts: American chemist.
- John Roberts: American chemist and educator.
- George Hughes: Irish-New Zealand philosopher and logician (d. 1994).
- John Ross: American captain and pilot (d. 2013).
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1918 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Levinsky at the Wedding, Parts 3 & 4 - Julian Rose
- Regretful Blues - Nora Bayes
- The Last Long Mile - Charles Hart
- Fancy You Fancying Me - Lewis James