Sunday 9 June 1918
It was Sunday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Leonard Skeggs and Guy Lambert.
The City Slicker, directed by Gilbert Pratt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 9 June 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 9 June 1918!
Which were the important events of 9 June 1918 ?
- Saint Efrem=Saint Ephraim, deacon, Doctor of the Church
- Blessed Diana d'Andalo
- Saint Pelagia, virgin, martyr [BLS]
- Saint Vincent, deacon, martyr [BLS]
- Blessed Richard, bishop of Andria, Apulia
- Saint Liborius, bishop (of LeMans), confessor [GTZ: LeMans]
- Saint Edmund, bishop of Canturbury, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: England]
- Saint Diomedes
- =? Blessed Columba, abbot, confessor [GTZ: Scotland]
- Saint Columba (called Saint Columcille in Ireland, where he is honoured as one of the islands three patron saints)
- Saint Alexander, martyr [GTZ: Russia]
- Roman Empire paganism - third day of the Vestalia in honor of the goddess Vesta
- Saint Primus and Felicianus, martyrs [common]
- Leonard Skeggs: Fremont Scientist.
- Rob de Vries: Dutch WWII resistance fighter / dir / actor (Ciske de Rat).
- Guy Lambert: St-Maur Journalist.
- Philippe Monod-Broca: Angers physician.
- John Hospers: American philosopher and Libertarian politician.
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1918 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Levinsky at the Wedding, Parts 3 & 4 - Julian Rose
- Regretful Blues - Nora Bayes
- The Last Long Mile - Charles Hart
- Fancy You Fancying Me - Lewis James