Saturday 1 June 1918
It was Saturday, under the sign of Gemini. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Bersouille and Jean Lecerf.
A Model's Confession, directed by Ida May Park, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
while Dere Mable by Edward Streeter was one of the best selling books.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 1 June 1918!
Which were the important events of 1 June 1918 ?
- Samoa - Independence Day 1962.
- Roman Empire - Festival in honour of Carna.
- Children's Day in some countries.
- Commemoration of Justin Martyr (Anglican).
- Kenya Madaraka Day 1963.
- Tunisia - Constitution Day / Victory Day 1959.
- The Ascension in Eastern Christianity.
- Nirvana of Buddhists.
Famous Birthdays:01 June
- Excelsior Maassluis soccer team forms in Maassluis
- White Sox losing 5-4 against New York Yankees, load the bases in 9th with no outs Chick Gandil lines to Frank Baker who turns a triple play
- World War I, Western Front: Battle for Belleau Wood : Allied Forces under John J. Pershing and James Harbord engage Imperial German Forces under Wilhelm, German Crown Prince.
- WWI: The Battle for Belleau Wood begins.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1918 ?
Top #4 songs in the USA
- Wedding Bells (Will They Ever Ring for Me?) - Al Jolson
- Just a Baby's Prayer at Twilight - Prince's Orchestra
- K-K-K-Katy (Stammering Song) - Billy Murray
- N Everything - Al Jolson
Search For Your Ancestors
Make this date unforgettable
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?