Friday 28 June 1918
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Bert Schierbeek [Lambertus] and Willie Whitelaw.
Cupid Angling, directed by Albert Morrison, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 June 1918!
Which were the important events of 28 June 1918 ?
- Feast of St Irenaeus of Lyon
- Vidovdan, Orthodox religious holiday commemorating St. Vitus
- National Handshake Day
- Bert Schierbeek [Lambertus]: Dutch writer / poet (Cross Roads).
- Willie Whitelaw: British politician, Deputy Prime Minister (d. 1999).
- William Whitelaw: Scottish lawyer and politician, 1st Viscount Whitelaw, Deputy Prime Minister of Great Britain from 1979 to 1988.
- Georges Dard: France sport Champion.
- Donald Nunn: St Paul Military man.
- 1st flight between Hawaiian Islands
Where were your ancestors 100 years before 28 June 1918
Discover their stories. Preserve your legacy.
Our team of professional genealogists provide full-service genealogical research for clients worldwide, helping them discover their roots and personal history through records, narratives, and DNA.
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1918 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Just Like Washington Crossed the Delaware, General Pershing Will Cross the Rhine - Peerless Quartet
- I May Stay Away a Little Longer - Peerless Quartet
- Just a Baby's Prayer at Twilight - Charles Hart
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the most popular books released in the last weeks ?
What videogames would you be playing back in the days ?