Friday 28 June 1918
It was Friday, under the sign of Cancer. The US president was Woodrow Wilson (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Paul Cadéac and Donald G Nunn.
The City Slicker, directed by Gilbert Pratt, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1918
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 28 June 1918
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 28 June 1918!
Which were the important events of 28 June 1918 ?
- Feast of St Irenaeus of Lyon
- Vidovdan, Orthodox religious holiday commemorating St. Vitus
- National Handshake Day
- Paul Cadéac
- Donald G Nunn
- William Whitelaw: Scottish lawyer and politician, 1st Viscount Whitelaw, Deputy Prime Minister of Great Britain from 1979 to 1988.
- Georges Dard: France sport Champion.
- Bert Schierbeek [Lambertus]: Dutch writer / poet (Cross Roads).
- André Bourin: Tours Journalist.
- Maxine Stuart: American actress (d. 2013).
- Donald Nunn: St Paul Military man.
- Willie Whitelaw: British politician, Deputy Prime Minister (d. 1999).
- 1st flight between Hawaiian Islands
Search For Your Ancestors
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1918 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- Little Mother of Mine - John McCormack
- There's a Little Blue Star in the Window (And it Means All the World to Me) - Henry Burr