Tuesday 12 June 1923
It was Tuesday, under the sign of Gemini (see planets position on June 12, 1923). The US president was Warren G. Harding (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Marta Pan and James Summer.
The Shock, directed by Lambert Hillyer, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1923
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 12 June 1923
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 12 June 1923!
Which were the important events of 12 June 1923 ?
- Blessed Ternan, bishop, confessor [ GTZ: Scotland]
- Blessed John of Sahagun, hermit, confessor
- Roman Empire ? sixth day of the Vestalia in honor of Vesta
- Philippines ? Araw ng Kalayaan (Independence Day) 1898
- Russian Federation ? Russia Day (Independence Day) 1990
- United Kingdom ? Trooping the Colour (Military celebration of the monarch's official birthday held in London on the second Saturday of June)
- Brazil ? Dia dos Namorados (Lover's Day; similar to St. Valentine's)
- World Day Against Child Labor
- Saints Basilides, Quirinus, Nabor and Nazarius (and Celsus), martyrs
- Saint Pharaildis, virgin [GTZ: Artois]
- Blessed Eskill, bishop, martyr [ GTZ: Scandinavia]
- Saint Ursinus, bishop of Bourges, confessor (Translation day) [GTZ: Rouen]
- Saint Leo III died 816
- Saint Odulf of Oirschot died 865
- Blessed Guido (died 1250)
- Saints Nabor and Nazarius, martyrs [GTZ: St. Avold]
- Blessed Onuphrius, monk
- Saint Rufus, bishop, martyr [WTS (Bruges)]
- Saint Cunera [HCC]
- Marta Pan: Hungarian / French sculptor (Great spiral).
- James Summer: American business executive for General Mills.
- Monty Westmore: American make-up artist (Born 1923).
- Harry Houdini frees himself from a straight jacket while suspended upside down, 40 feet (12 m) above ground in New York City
- William Walton's Façade was performed for the first time.
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of June 1923 ?
Top #3 songs in the USA
- Farewell Blues - Isham Jones & His Orchestra
- The Lost Chord - John McCormack
- Dearest (You're the Nearest to My Heart) - Paul Whiteman & His Orchestra