Thursday 13 August 1908
It was Thursday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 13, 1908). The US president was Theodore Roosevelt (Republican).
Famous people born on this day include Gene Raymond .
Robin Hood, directed by Wolfgang Reitherman, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1908
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 August 1908
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 August 1908!
Which were the important events of 13 August 1908 ?
- International Lefthanders Day
- St. Wigbert
- RC saints - Pontianus and Hippolytus, Radegunde (help against the pox), Cassianus of Imola (patron of shorthand-writers)
- In Brasil, Friday 13 August (agosto) is considered to be especially filled with sorrow (desgosto)
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 6 saints: St. Hippolytus
- St. Cassian
- St. John Berchmans
- St. John Bosco
- St. Radegund
- Roman festivals - Vertumnalias in honor of Vertumnus, and also Diana, on the Aventine hill
- Gene Raymond: NYC, New York -- Actor (Paris 7000, Fireside Theater).
- Ira D Sankey: US evangelist / Composer / singer (Gospel Hymns), dies at 67.
- Cy Young Day in Boston, he pitches briefly against an All-Star team
Search For Your Ancestors
Planetary positions on this day
Genealogy: find out your family heritage
Make this date unforgettable
Which were the top hits in that special week of August 1908 ?
Top #2 songs in the USA
- I Love, and the World is Mine - Henry Burr
- Come Where My Love Lies Dreaming - Peerless Quartet