Sunday 13 August 1939
It was Sunday, under the sign of Leo (see planets position on August 13, 1939). The US president was Franklin D. Roosevelt (Democratic).
Famous people born on this day include Sushil Koirala and George Hamilton.
The Man They Could Not Hang, directed by Nick Grinde, was one of the most viewed movies released in 1939
On TV people were watching Trooping the Colour.
But much more happened that day: find out below..
What the sky looked like on 13 August 1939
Which were the most popular movies released in the last months ?
Which were the most popular TV series released in the last months ?
Find out your future
Get a FREE Numerology report based on the digits of 13 August 1939!
Which were the important events of 13 August 1939 ?
- International Lefthanders Day
- St. Wigbert
- RC saints - Pontianus and Hippolytus, Radegunde (help against the pox), Cassianus of Imola (patron of shorthand-writers)
- In Brasil, Friday 13 August (agosto) is considered to be especially filled with sorrow (desgosto)
- Roman Catholicism - the feasts of at least 6 saints: St. Hippolytus
- St. Cassian
- St. John Berchmans
- St. John Bosco
- St. Radegund
- Roman festivals - Vertumnalias in honor of Vertumnus, and also Diana, on the Aventine hill
Famous Birthdays:13 August
- Sabotage suspected in crash of the City of San Francisco which fell into the Humboldt River killing 24. (Elko, Nevada).